Pool today was bad. Well I feel I played badly. Yeah there were good moments, but far too inconsistent. Only thing was that I was gettinga consistent break, and I think that's key for me, cause once I can master a good break, I can easily clear the table.
Wanted to try the char kway teow at the hawker centre, but it was closed. So I settled for the seremban beef noodles. Supposed to be quite famous? Well, it wasn't too bad. It got better as I went along. The initial first taste tasted like the soaked the dirty rags they use to wipe the table in the soup. It even had that sort of smell. But after a while, that smell/taste went back to the way it's supposed to taste, haha.
Went down to bugis after that to check out the shirt at the DC shop, but couldn't find it. Maybe I will go to the suntec outlet tomorrow before training to find it.
Back to katong after that for katong laksa. I think it was nicer the last time I ate it, but still good. They also sell hokkien mee and char kway teow. But didn't try. After all it is the famous 328 katong laksa, not the famous 328 katong hokkien mee/char kway teow.
Anyway, I'm in the mood to cook western food again. Too much hawker food I guess, haha. Feel like cooking beef wellington, but really expensive to get the madeira wine, foie gras pate, tenderloin and truffles. I can always exclude it, but why not make the exact way the people do it in CIA using the pro chef book. Oh I also feel like doing something with duck, cause I found this butchery at parkway which sells like huge pieces of duck breasts, and I sort of saw something like that with an orange sauce. Maybe I will have stuffed musrhooms and seasonal vegetables on the side. No wait, where's the starch. Hmm. Oh and parsley potatoes. But that would be like too much food. Unless I stuff the mushrooms in the duck? Why not, haha.
Wanted to try the char kway teow at the hawker centre, but it was closed. So I settled for the seremban beef noodles. Supposed to be quite famous? Well, it wasn't too bad. It got better as I went along. The initial first taste tasted like the soaked the dirty rags they use to wipe the table in the soup. It even had that sort of smell. But after a while, that smell/taste went back to the way it's supposed to taste, haha.
Went down to bugis after that to check out the shirt at the DC shop, but couldn't find it. Maybe I will go to the suntec outlet tomorrow before training to find it.
Back to katong after that for katong laksa. I think it was nicer the last time I ate it, but still good. They also sell hokkien mee and char kway teow. But didn't try. After all it is the famous 328 katong laksa, not the famous 328 katong hokkien mee/char kway teow.
Anyway, I'm in the mood to cook western food again. Too much hawker food I guess, haha. Feel like cooking beef wellington, but really expensive to get the madeira wine, foie gras pate, tenderloin and truffles. I can always exclude it, but why not make the exact way the people do it in CIA using the pro chef book. Oh I also feel like doing something with duck, cause I found this butchery at parkway which sells like huge pieces of duck breasts, and I sort of saw something like that with an orange sauce. Maybe I will have stuffed musrhooms and seasonal vegetables on the side. No wait, where's the starch. Hmm. Oh and parsley potatoes. But that would be like too much food. Unless I stuff the mushrooms in the duck? Why not, haha.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home