Saturday, April 12, 2008

I was so looking forward to my match today. We were doing well, didn't get to do much, then the rain came and spoilt it all. So it ended up with snacks and a plate of chicken rice. I love the chicken rice, haha. And I think for year I've been thinking I love breast meat when I actually like the thigh meat cause it's more tender and has skin. But all this time when I ate chicken rice I keep thinking it's the breast. Or maybe it is the breast, just that some parts of the breast are really tender. Ok I'm confused

Anyway I went to work reluctantly after that, but it wasn't all that bad. Had lots of stuff to do, and like had half an oreo cheese cake left over, which we all shared during dinner. Got released at 9, that means I only worked for 6 hours.

Shift changed yer again tomorrow. Now it;s 11-7 instead of 3-11. That means I will miss the World Gourmet Summit. I was so looking forward to it.

Here are my shifts for next week.

Everyday 7-3, except for Wednesday 1-9, Saturday Off, and Sunday 7-7. I kinda like it, cause I can cook in the evening. Just that I may oversleep, haha.

On a side note, I was talking to one of my cricket friends, and turns out he does hospitality also. And he's doing his degree in Australia where he did 1 year in lecordon bleu for a year as part of his degree. So cool. I feel like doing that, but I don't think I want to go overseas to study, plus it's expensive. And al my doubts of getting like less than 3000 in future was gone. Because he said a person with a degree gets about 2200, and after half a year, it gets raised to about 2800. And his uncle who only had a diploma used to be interested in F&B, which I think I am now, but then moved to the rooms divison after that, and is now the director of the rooms division in don't know what hotel. And he makes 10 000-12000 a month. It took only 5 years to reach to that level. That seems pretty reasonable, and it may be something I will aim for. So I think I will definitely do a degree. Once I reach the level I want, all that work experience will pretty much set my standard pay at a high enough level if I were to change company.

For once, I actually am motivated to reach something, or have a target for what I want to do in future. Thank god, haha. I thought I would never figure out what I want to do. So more or less, I guess I have decicded I will take my degree. The question is where. I'm sure if I work in the IR's, even after it's opened for 4 years, which is around when I get my degree, I'll still get a job, cause I heard from my friend that there just aren't enough staff, even if all the SHATEC and whatever hospitality students enter. And it is pretty obvious not 100% will want to work in the IR. Not to mention each IR has so many hotels. I think I made the right choice in choosing this course, because there are so many job opportunities (which is why I chose it in the first place), and changing companies is pretty easy. You just move from one place to another just like that.

Ok, enough about talking about what I want to do with my life, haha. Night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home