Monday, April 28, 2008

First let me just say that I HATE SINGAPORE'S WEATHER. SO FREAKING HUMID. I CANNOT TAHAN ALREADY.

Now that that's out of the way, let me talk about work. Firstly, I managed to stroll to work today cause I caught the early bus. Secondly, instead of being my own boss today, I was the boss of part timers. Really busy, cause I was like the only experienced staff. So I had to do a meeting coffee break, at the same time, set up a meeting room for 100 people, while collecting chairs from the receiving area as they were being returend from pavillion. So much sweat. But it's more fulfilling knowing what to do and teaching people. I almost had to forgo lunch cause there wasn't time, but I did get to eat whatever little that was left. Really liked the chilli sauce thing with the mussels. Goes really well with the rice. Ended up working almost 2 hours extra.

So while waiting for my mum, I spent my time talking to lena at the monorail station. And along the way while I was getting sushi for her, I ran into mel and sarah. Hung out with them for a while after that before meeting my mum.

The flyer was alright. I do not really see the point of such things, except maybe for the nice back drops and photo taking opportunities. But it's free, so I went. Oh not to mention there everyone in the and cabin were all couples. So out of place, haha. There was even a lesbian couple. My mum saw them making out. But we didn't really know they were both girls until the end when we heard them talking. And all this while I was thinking that guy had a ridiculous hair style, haha. There was another couple like totally disgusted and staring at them. Had dinner after that at some italian restaurant down stairs. Had like lobster stuf raviolli with seafood and tomato sauce. I really like the sauce. The pepper in it just made it extra nice. Everything was great, except that the prawns were slightlt unfresh. My mum had the sea bass with lemon butter sauce. Quite nice also. Ended with a blueberry and new york cheese cake. Was quite annoyed at the service though. The guy didn't smile and seemed as though annoyed that we didn't want to order anything else besides the main course.

Anyway, it took so long to get a cab home after that. It's like we flag a cab which is empty, and when the driver sees us he changes the light to on call. Like what the hell. Ok I mean if I was a cab driver and wanted some kicks, I would do that. One driver even slowed down then took off. But then again you don't earn freakin money that way idiots.

Ok enough said, really tired, waking up at 5am tomorrow again, and I have cricket umpiring in the afternoon at like 3.45. Have to rush down from work, but at least I get $40 for it. So my cab fare is covered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home