Shit, my off day has passed and I haven't done any work. I guess I will figure out a list of information I need to get at least, and bring it to work tomorrow to get it.
Anyway, I went to top table this afternoon for lunch with fariz. Was quite excited cause like there's the asian kitchen, but the food was normal? Not as good as I would have expected with the CIA chefs. Not very wow. I had the western set, which consisted of onion soup or a salad, followed by roast chicken or buttered fish en papillot. I chose the soup and fish. Fariz had the japanese set which consisted of chawanmushi and chicken katsu bento. The chinese set was szechuan soup followed by szechuan prawns with rice. As for the dessert, it was all the same. Poached pear with raspberry sorbet. I really loved the complimentary macaroons though. Don't know why we get them. Maybe Ms Mark gave it. But the rose one was great. Could really taste the rose flavour very distinctly, and it was like crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Way better than the one at bakerzin.
Went home after that, and I've been watching movies all the way. Managed to watch Harold and Kumar escape from guantanamo bay. Damn funny, and the storyline wasn't bad either. I liked the part where he wanted to smoke weed on the plane with this bong he created. Just when he was about to light it, some lady thought he was a terrorist cause he's indian, and he was like this isn't a bomb, it's a bong. Then everyone started screaming it's a bomb!! And there was this other part where they got a translator to speak to harold's parents because they were korean. But they could speak english, and when they replied in english, the translator was like I don't seem to understand them. It's some weird diaect I haven't heard of. And he just continued translating in korean to them, haha.
Caught hitman after that. Thank goodness I didn't catch it in the cinema, cause it wasn't good. Didn't really understand the plot. Maybe it's because the sound quality was bad and I couldn't get what they were saying a lot of the time. Plus this was the only movie which showed in 4 parts, and I couldn't load the next part while watching the current one cause that will only replact the one i'm watching now, so it took a long time to finish.
But in between that, I decided to cook dinner with the stuff I had at home. Tried to cook aglio olio just by tossing stuff in, haha. Didn't like it at all, haha. But it was fun playing around.
Lastly, I watched shoot em up. Damn nice. It's really cool, but totally a guy movie with all the shooting and gory blood.
Oh, I almsot forgot that in
Alright, time to come up with the list of question for douglas to answer for my project, and then maybe another movie if time permits.
Anyway, I went to top table this afternoon for lunch with fariz. Was quite excited cause like there's the asian kitchen, but the food was normal? Not as good as I would have expected with the CIA chefs. Not very wow. I had the western set, which consisted of onion soup or a salad, followed by roast chicken or buttered fish en papillot. I chose the soup and fish. Fariz had the japanese set which consisted of chawanmushi and chicken katsu bento. The chinese set was szechuan soup followed by szechuan prawns with rice. As for the dessert, it was all the same. Poached pear with raspberry sorbet. I really loved the complimentary macaroons though. Don't know why we get them. Maybe Ms Mark gave it. But the rose one was great. Could really taste the rose flavour very distinctly, and it was like crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Way better than the one at bakerzin.
Went home after that, and I've been watching movies all the way. Managed to watch Harold and Kumar escape from guantanamo bay. Damn funny, and the storyline wasn't bad either. I liked the part where he wanted to smoke weed on the plane with this bong he created. Just when he was about to light it, some lady thought he was a terrorist cause he's indian, and he was like this isn't a bomb, it's a bong. Then everyone started screaming it's a bomb!! And there was this other part where they got a translator to speak to harold's parents because they were korean. But they could speak english, and when they replied in english, the translator was like I don't seem to understand them. It's some weird diaect I haven't heard of. And he just continued translating in korean to them, haha.
Caught hitman after that. Thank goodness I didn't catch it in the cinema, cause it wasn't good. Didn't really understand the plot. Maybe it's because the sound quality was bad and I couldn't get what they were saying a lot of the time. Plus this was the only movie which showed in 4 parts, and I couldn't load the next part while watching the current one cause that will only replact the one i'm watching now, so it took a long time to finish.
But in between that, I decided to cook dinner with the stuff I had at home. Tried to cook aglio olio just by tossing stuff in, haha. Didn't like it at all, haha. But it was fun playing around.
Lastly, I watched shoot em up. Damn nice. It's really cool, but totally a guy movie with all the shooting and gory blood.
Oh, I almsot forgot that in
Alright, time to come up with the list of question for douglas to answer for my project, and then maybe another movie if time permits.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home