I sense it's going to rain. So cooling. It's going to be damn nice to sleep. Too bad I'm working morning shift tomorrow. Sigh.
Tried the chicken rice and bak kut teh at simei today before going to buy the baking stuff. Let's just say I will not be fooled by nice pictures again, haha. Don't think that will happen, haha.
Anyway, started baking pretty late. The shortcake was a failure, cause the cake tin I bought was too big. Upon closer inspection of the picture on the net, it was actually a small mini cake. Damn it. My sponge was not even thick enough, and it was supposed to be cut into 3 parts!?!
The second chocolate pound cake turned out alright. But I wished it was sweeter and more moist.
Met my grandma and mum at TM after that to celebrate my grandmas birthday. It was actually on Sunday, but because of the tournament, we all were not free. Ate at ajisen's. I prefer the hokkaido seafood ramen I had that time. The lobster ramen is not as good as they say it is. I love my grandma. I think she is like the most generous person in the world. She always cooks for us, gives us things, and she gives money to everyone on her birthday. Need I remeind you she has 8 daughters, including children and spouses to give to!!
On a totally random note, I forgot to mention that vernetta lopez was the guest of honour for the cricket event on the weekend. And another thing. One thing I hate about the event is all the passive smoking because I'm sitting around all the smokers. Not by choice of course.
Here is something funny I saw today. On the way back to my grandma's house, we walked passed this 7 eleven, and I saw a sign on the slurpee machines which said "Temporarily out of services", haha. And while at TM, there was this funny shirts at the push cart stalls which read "Love sucks. True love swallows", haha. I wonder who comes up with all this stuff.
Alright, off to bed in a while. Kaya toast here I come. (I eat that almost everyday at work) Mmmmm...
Tried the chicken rice and bak kut teh at simei today before going to buy the baking stuff. Let's just say I will not be fooled by nice pictures again, haha. Don't think that will happen, haha.
Anyway, started baking pretty late. The shortcake was a failure, cause the cake tin I bought was too big. Upon closer inspection of the picture on the net, it was actually a small mini cake. Damn it. My sponge was not even thick enough, and it was supposed to be cut into 3 parts!?!
The second chocolate pound cake turned out alright. But I wished it was sweeter and more moist.
Met my grandma and mum at TM after that to celebrate my grandmas birthday. It was actually on Sunday, but because of the tournament, we all were not free. Ate at ajisen's. I prefer the hokkaido seafood ramen I had that time. The lobster ramen is not as good as they say it is. I love my grandma. I think she is like the most generous person in the world. She always cooks for us, gives us things, and she gives money to everyone on her birthday. Need I remeind you she has 8 daughters, including children and spouses to give to!!
On a totally random note, I forgot to mention that vernetta lopez was the guest of honour for the cricket event on the weekend. And another thing. One thing I hate about the event is all the passive smoking because I'm sitting around all the smokers. Not by choice of course.
Here is something funny I saw today. On the way back to my grandma's house, we walked passed this 7 eleven, and I saw a sign on the slurpee machines which said "Temporarily out of services", haha. And while at TM, there was this funny shirts at the push cart stalls which read "Love sucks. True love swallows", haha. I wonder who comes up with all this stuff.
Alright, off to bed in a while. Kaya toast here I come. (I eat that almost everyday at work) Mmmmm...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home