Sunday, June 01, 2008

Did something different today at work. Worked at the lower terrace and did an event by myself as well. Pretty cool. Because of that, time passed pretty fast.

Oh and I now see how caucasians are so much nicer. Like a lot more warm. It's like this is not the first time that a caucasian guest actually called me by my name. It just makes you feel like they recognize your effort. Like today I asked the guy if he wanted perrier or carlsberg. And he was like I will get the beer. It can only improve my game Shane. Haha.

Something else I've realized. I think my new favourite drink is the cheng tng juice. Much nicer than the barley water. After tasting it that day at the member's bar during the event, it just didn't seem as nice.

Another thing. Why is it that the people at the bar pronounce ginko nut and gincho nut?? Beats me.

Yet another thing. On my first morning shift, kelvin was telling me about the 2 types of breakfast. There is american breakfast and local breakfast. But then because of his pronounciation, it sounds like locker breakfast. And for quite some time I was wondering why call it locker? haha.

Oh yesterday something happened as well. Dinesh was changing the gas tank for the beer, and uncle wang was next to him. Then purposely, he released the gas, and it scared uncle wang, haha. Should have seen his face. Priceless. One thing I realized about the uncle is he may seem very grouchy, but deep down he is a nice person. Just doesn't express it that clearly.

Anyway, time for something that's been bothering me. Why the hell is it then whenever the people in the golf club ask my race, and I say Eurasian, no one seems to know what is a Eurasian. Like hello, work in Singapore so long still don't know there is another race called Eurasian. Maybe because we are grouped under others. Not everyone who is dark is Malay or Indian. Like hello, be more intelligent can. Does the name Shane even sound remotely Malay or Indian. I don't even look like one. It's like they have been living under a rock. And yes I am Singaporean, so are my parents and my grandparents so stop asking if I am a foreigner just cause I'm dark. No I am not from Myanmar. I do not sound like one, I do not look like one, and my name is not a foreign name. For god's sake go google the race Eurasian and quit asking me "Huh, what is Eurasian?"

If only I got a penny everytime somebody asked me that. I would be rich.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home