Friday, November 16, 2007

Another week has gone this semeseter. When I reach home everyday, i'm totally drained. And the work hasn't even started. Not for me at least. So much stuff to do from next week onwards. I'm guessing it's time for me to take out my organizer which has been hiding under my bed for the last 4 weeks, that way I can prioritise, and keep track of what I have to do, and the datelines. Speaking of which, i'm going to write my to-do-list for this weekend. But first, let me talk about what's been happening lately.

Tuesday started with festivals, which lasted the whole 2 hours as usual. You can only imagine how much I hate it. In comparison, accounts on the same day lasted only 50 minutes. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing, but so far I understand how to do the tutorials, but the concepts are not really crystal clear in my mind. Come to think of it, I feel that way for all the subjects this semester. Anyway, besides that, I joined kim and Kar Mun during the 3 hour break, and then again after school before going home. While at whitesands, Kar Mun and I tried the new berry mcflurry. Wasn't too bad. It's pretty much their strawberry sundae mixed with cookies.

Woke up on Wednesday with less sleep than I would have liked, packed my stuff and rushed out of the house while it was raining to get to school in time for Culi. Had the proficiency test during the first half of the lesson. We had 2 hours to do our knife skills tray, followed by our main course. They took away our soup at the last minute. I know most of them were happy about that, but I really would have wanted to cook the soup, simply because the fish took really fast to cook. Finished about 40 minutes early. I think i'm maintaining an A so far, including all the otehr daily assessments. We were then released for lunch after taking a look at our rosters. I will be in the bakery for the 1st 3 weeks, skills kitchen the next 3 and finally the restaurant for the last 3. I'm so looking forward to skills kitchen cause they will be making lasagne and all, as well as the bakery where we will be making the tarts, chocolates and what not. As for the restaurant, I think it's pretty much what we've been cooking so far. Nothing interesting.

After lunch, we had lessons at the bakery, learned to make the basic sugar dough, and we used that to make tart shells. And surprisingly, lesson finished 1 1/2 hours early. Because of that, I had a 3 1/2 hour break before my leadership lecture. Thank goodness I have ariel's leadership book, because they were given powerpoint slides, and we weren't, so w pretty much copy everything.

Went to school earlier on Thursday to have lunch with some of them. Another boring 2 hour festival lecture, which makes me hate it more, followed by a short MICE lesson. Finally we can start with all the details given. Met Kar Mun after class before going for leadership, which was fun. We're in the lead with 80 points??

After class was really fun. Had dinner with kim and Kar Mun at subway downtown east. After eating, while walking around looking for a place to chill, we found this place called the Platinum Bar, where kim and I drank the jug of rum and sprite at one shot, then a glass of whisky nad coke, and I did another on my own, haha. Wasn't too bad. I was still sober. So anyway there was a band performing that night, and so happens I know them. Friends of mine and my brotehr actually. Kar Mun was totally mesmerized when Leroy was singing, haha. Ok lah don't disturb lah. It was actually Shaun the guitarist. Or so she says.

Later when I got home, I realized that I didn't have the leadership book ariel gave me. Don't know how it disappeared. This means I would either have to copy the lecture slides as per normal, or borrow some one else's book. But I feel bad that I lost it. Which is why I decided to wake up early today.

However, I woke up late, rushed down in a cab. Lucky the classroom was being used by Siti's class, so I asked her to help me check. But in the end, it wasn't there. Hopefully one of the leadership classmates or the teacher actually kept it. Met Kar Mun in the lab after that to print stuff. Didn't manage to print all that I wanted to print, because I ran out of time and paper. But I did get somemore paper after MICe lecture and lunch. Then I went to print again. But the printer couldn't print double side. So in the end, I didn't print any school stuff, but I did manage to print my tabs from the DVD that I wanted. Yup, I finally have the DVD Arranging for solo guitar: The Queen Titles. THANKS EVERYONE!!!

Attended an ultra boring accounts lecture after that, followed by a Culi lecture which exceeded the time as usual. Oh, Zoe bought me otah because I helped collect her service and culi stuff during the holidays, haha. Well anyway had training after that before heading home.

Thought of cooking maggi mee for dinner, then I realised I still have my pilaf rice from Sunday, so I heated that up and fried some sausages and mushrooms with it. So nice, me likey, haha. Cricket match tomorrow morning. I really need to sleep soon.

So the last thing for today.

Things to do during the weekend:
1) Read Festivals project brief, do some research and allocate work
2) Update my organizer on the things I have to do
3) Research for Culi project
4) Research for Service project
5) Research on Ang Peng Siong for leadership
6) Go through my notes and try to understand what has been going on the past few weeks (if i have time) and convince myself that I am not the far behind as I think I am

I thought of doing stuff for MICE, but i realised Mr Tan only gave out 1 project brief per group, and it is not with me, so I am totally annoyed at him still, not only for changing the project, but also not bothering to print out 1 project brief for each person, haha.

Ok that took too long. Maybe if I update more often this wouldn't happen, haha. Night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home