Monday, November 05, 2007

I've been waiting the whole year for this. Woohoo!! 18 at last. No more sneaking in to M18 shows. No more illegal drinking. I'm officially legal to do whatever I want, haha.

The eve of my birthday of course was not so happening. It was the 8th month already. Time really flies. Helped out in a kids tournament, called the Denis Meyer Under-12s cricket 6's. That finished about 2. Took a nice nap before mass in the evening, dinner at the coffee shop with my aunt and back home after that.

It was later that night where the fun started, haha. First I got surprised with a watch for my birthday. Not the ecko watch I wanted, but it's nice, I like, or should i say me likey? Haha, doesn't suit me. Then I practiced my wine opening skills and pouring with a bottle of wine from Bordeaux, a 1998 Vintage Margaux. It has to be a good wine cause it's from Bordeaux right? Well it was the best i've drank so far. Duh. Really nice after taste. I hate it when the bottles really full. It's hard to pour it out without it dripping down the sides. But after that i didn't spill a drop. So my brother's gf was racing who can drink the most. She's quite a good drinker. In the end I drank more than half of it. She could have drunk more but she didn't.

So after a night like that, sleeping at 3am, I woke up to find my lips stained with the red wine. Then when i washed my face, the water must have mixed with the concentrated flavours around my lips, and I could smell a really nice grape smell, haha. So spent the afternoon watching TV, then realizing that i haven't done my MICE part, so I did that, had instant mee before having a nice long nap, cause I woke up earlier than I should have.

Once I woke up, I left with my mum to Sketcher's at Bugis. I had the steak set, which was served with a king prawn on potatoes, with broccoli, carrots and cauliflower, served with mushroom sauce. Quite nice. Shared that and a marinara with my mum. I feel that the marinara is better than the one i had in indulgz. Maybe because they were all cooked, haha. Had a jug of beer also with my bro and his gf. Oh and the tiramisu is quite nice also. I had that and an apple crumble for dessert.

So after dinner, we popped by the swatch shop to adjust the strap, followed by swensens to get the cake. Bought the cookies and cream ice cream cake. Cabbed home and cut the cake. So nice. And did I mention that my bro's gf bought me diamond ear studs from Salvatore Farragamo, worth a few hundred man. So nice and shiny and cool, haha. Once that passed, I had to go get ready for service, and a long day ahead.

Service was alright today. Very theoretical and very slack. But I feel next week will be quite a difficult week. After service there was festival lecture immediately, so by the time the lecture finished I was bloody hungry cause I haven't eaten and drank the whole day. About 15 of us left for seoul garden for my birthday dinner. The only reason was that there was a lot of food there, haha. But it was alright, ran out of thing to eat at the end, cause i didn't know what to take. In the end we mixed everything and made the most disgusting thing ever. Obviously I had to try it, haha. After dinner, Kar Mun and kim surprised me with a cake, haha. The cake was good. Watching the trio eat the cake was fun too, haha.

In the end, some of them left early, while the rest of us went to the arcade for a while. Thanks everyone for the dinner and company even though I know we all were quite tired from service, and some have service tomorrow. Thanks for the presents too. I wore the boxers today, haha, really comfortable, but it needs some getting used to. Thanks lena. And thanks Kar Mun for the card, really appreciate everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home