Monday, May 04, 2009

Things haven't really changed since the last post. Still feeling pretty crappy. Just send me into the army already.

Instead of the usual night game on Friday, I had to score the afternoon. That meant I had time to go have dinnear around Balestier. First up was the Abalone stall I kept passing by. Had the Minced Meat Noodle with Abalone. Wasn't too bad. It was the cheapest on the menu, haha. Everything else was above $10, bloody hell. After that was Bak Kut Teh across the road. Although it was the clear soup kind, the soup didn't have as strong a taste, and it wasn't spare ribs but the other parts. Because of that some of the meat was really tough. Anyway, took a long bus ride home after that.

Saturday was horse racing again, haha. This time managed to win $54. It was $162, but it was a 3 way split between Kenneth, Warren and me. The next time I go, I will follow my gut. Cause usually when I first arrive, I will mention a certain horse in a certain race that I will bet $50, but I don't, and in the end they win. The same thing happened. Changed my mind not to bet at the last minute cause the odds were too low. If I wasn't so greedy I could have won $630.

Anyway, went to Chinatown for claypot after that. I had chicken rice before that, haha. Really ate quite a lot on Saturday. Even had some snacks and Bak Kut Teh at the turf club. Anyway after that, went to kill time around marina bay area before going to Arab Street for Shisha. Too crowded, no space for Shisha, so met the rest at another place for dinner. But because the kitchen was about to close, some how after waiting for 30 minutes, no food arrived. So wasted time there. At least I had a nice grasshopper cocktail which had no kick at all, haha. Went home after that.

Finally Sunday. Scoring in the morning as usual. Got home and slept for almost 4 hours. Really tired. Had dinner and slept again, haha. But sleep was interrupted as usual cause my brother was on the phone arguing again.

Managed to go down to the Golf Club with Kar Mun today to have lunch. Been wanting to eat there for quite some time. Had the usual favourites, but I felt the standard of the sambal fried rice has dropped. Wasn't as shiok. Oh well, at least it was fun meeting everyone again. Went to watch Horsemen after that which was pretty good if not for the ending. Saw 2 jackets at Zara which I feel like buying. One leather jacket for $255 and another normal jacket for $129. Really nice. Think I'll buy it since there is no grad trip anyway.

So for now, grad trip is cancelled, almost no chance of going overseas at all, other reasons. Life sucks. Forget it, just get me into the army. Can't be bothered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home