Supposed to have scoring today, but due to the heavy rain, the match was cancelled, hence no scoring and no money. Irritating, haha. Thought of going for cage, but then after running a couple of errands at home, it was already quite late, so decided not to go. Ended up lazing about on the computer till now. Instant noodles from vietnam yet again, haha. At least I'm saving money.
The whole of Sunday was spent cleaning the house after my scoring in the morning. It's nice to feel a clean floor and an organized home, haha. But then it will all go back to normal in a couple of months time,haha. Cleaned all the bird shit even. At one point, the dirty water which is used to soak the sponge I used to scrub splashed in my mouth. Damn disgusting. Prepared the dough for the apple pie before going to sleep.
In contrast to Sunday, the whole of Monday was spent cooking, haha. Invited Lena, Mell and Warren over for dinner. Woke up by 1+ and cooked till 8+ when dessert was finally ready. So much stuff to do lah. All the preparations. THe simmering of the sauce and soup for almost an hour, chicken in the oven for 30 minutes, pie in the oven for 1 hour, all the cutting, and washing up. No wonder chefs smoke and drink. It's pretty tiring, haha. And one of the pots had quite a bit of burnt food at the bottom. Had to scrub like mad until thumb cramped, haha. Whatever it was great, and I would do it again, haha. Already planned my menu for the next time I do this, which will be pretty soon. Going to have a lot of dinners before going in to army. Since army is going to give me an allowance which I wouldn't have time to spend, might as well spend my money now on holidays and cooking. Not enough time to go broke anyway, haha.
So the menu was Cream of Tomato Soup with Croutons as a starter, Chicken Legs stuffed with Deuxelle accompanied with Creamed Spinach and Parsley Potatoes, and Apple Pie with Ice Cream for dessert. Made everything except for the Ice Cream of course. Would have tried to make it, but don't know where the small ice cream maker is, haha. I remember my dad made before. I didn't quite like the potatoes, but everything else was alright. I love the apple pie. Especially the smell when it came out of the oven. And for the first time I managed to roll the dough nicely and place it over the mould as compared to the tarts which never works.
Waiting for Mell to come back from Hong Kong before I post the pictures cause she took it, haha, so stay tuned.
Next Menu:
Ciabatta
Beef Consomme
Panzanella
Red Snapper en Papillote with Risotto alla Milanese and Mussels with White Wine and Shallots
Cream Caramel
Can't wait to have another day full of cooking. At least the dishes above oesnt take that long to cook, besides the Consomme. So it will be less tiring. But it's a lot more dishes, haha.
The whole of Sunday was spent cleaning the house after my scoring in the morning. It's nice to feel a clean floor and an organized home, haha. But then it will all go back to normal in a couple of months time,haha. Cleaned all the bird shit even. At one point, the dirty water which is used to soak the sponge I used to scrub splashed in my mouth. Damn disgusting. Prepared the dough for the apple pie before going to sleep.
In contrast to Sunday, the whole of Monday was spent cooking, haha. Invited Lena, Mell and Warren over for dinner. Woke up by 1+ and cooked till 8+ when dessert was finally ready. So much stuff to do lah. All the preparations. THe simmering of the sauce and soup for almost an hour, chicken in the oven for 30 minutes, pie in the oven for 1 hour, all the cutting, and washing up. No wonder chefs smoke and drink. It's pretty tiring, haha. And one of the pots had quite a bit of burnt food at the bottom. Had to scrub like mad until thumb cramped, haha. Whatever it was great, and I would do it again, haha. Already planned my menu for the next time I do this, which will be pretty soon. Going to have a lot of dinners before going in to army. Since army is going to give me an allowance which I wouldn't have time to spend, might as well spend my money now on holidays and cooking. Not enough time to go broke anyway, haha.
So the menu was Cream of Tomato Soup with Croutons as a starter, Chicken Legs stuffed with Deuxelle accompanied with Creamed Spinach and Parsley Potatoes, and Apple Pie with Ice Cream for dessert. Made everything except for the Ice Cream of course. Would have tried to make it, but don't know where the small ice cream maker is, haha. I remember my dad made before. I didn't quite like the potatoes, but everything else was alright. I love the apple pie. Especially the smell when it came out of the oven. And for the first time I managed to roll the dough nicely and place it over the mould as compared to the tarts which never works.
Waiting for Mell to come back from Hong Kong before I post the pictures cause she took it, haha, so stay tuned.
Next Menu:
Ciabatta
Beef Consomme
Panzanella
Red Snapper en Papillote with Risotto alla Milanese and Mussels with White Wine and Shallots
Cream Caramel
Can't wait to have another day full of cooking. At least the dishes above oesnt take that long to cook, besides the Consomme. So it will be less tiring. But it's a lot more dishes, haha.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home