Friday, September 26, 2008

Had a good day today despite not really hanging out with anyone.

Decided to catch up on cooking. Wanted to cook so many thing for so long but haven't found the time and have been too lazy to go shop for groceries.

So yeah, I finally did so today.

Cooked soy sauce minced chicken with sweet egg on japanese rice. Qute nice.

Ate that pretty late at about 4, but it's ok cause my mum was only coming back at 9 for dinner.

So yeah started preparing to cook hokkien mee around 6.

The final product wasn't too bad, except that the recipe didn't yield enough stock for the hokkien mee, so it was slightly dry. And I actually used the recipe for a full portion of the stock even though I only cooked a half portion. The sambal also didn't turn out nice. Followed the recipe, but the taste isn't like normal hokkien mee sambal. Sigh.

Anyway I marinated some chicken with miso and stuff for tomorrow's lunch. Also plan to cook some bee hoon with pork loin, mushrooms and bamboo shoots. Hope that turns out nice. One thing I like about this is that it takes very little time to prepare.

Maybe I'll try more dishes next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home