Delicious!!!
Snooker and training got cancelled today cause te guy forgot he had something on. So I stayed home a little longer before going grocery shopping which was the fastest ever I might add. Maybe because I keep going to supermarkets till I know where everything is.
Got back about 5, and cooked all the way till 8, cause the brown sauce just took so long to make. Need to simmer for like an hour sia. Thank god I made about a litre, so next time don't need to make again. And after that need to add beef stock and reduce by half to get demi glace, then need to add that to the sauteed onions and mushrooms to get the mushroom sauce. Other than that, everything else was pretty fast.
So the final dish was grilled sirloin steak with mash potato and haricots verts with a mushroom sauce. Damn nice lah. The mushrooms especially. The white wine really makes a difference. I am so going to make that again. But not anytime soon. Too expensive, haha.
At least now that I know how to make the brown sauce, I can make a lot of other dishes. Not to mention all the supplies I bought, so I don't have to shop much for spices and stuff.
Alright tomorrow really training and snooker, haha, unless it gets cancelled again. Like today and the day before, haha. And then maybe going out at night
Snooker and training got cancelled today cause te guy forgot he had something on. So I stayed home a little longer before going grocery shopping which was the fastest ever I might add. Maybe because I keep going to supermarkets till I know where everything is.
Got back about 5, and cooked all the way till 8, cause the brown sauce just took so long to make. Need to simmer for like an hour sia. Thank god I made about a litre, so next time don't need to make again. And after that need to add beef stock and reduce by half to get demi glace, then need to add that to the sauteed onions and mushrooms to get the mushroom sauce. Other than that, everything else was pretty fast.
So the final dish was grilled sirloin steak with mash potato and haricots verts with a mushroom sauce. Damn nice lah. The mushrooms especially. The white wine really makes a difference. I am so going to make that again. But not anytime soon. Too expensive, haha.
At least now that I know how to make the brown sauce, I can make a lot of other dishes. Not to mention all the supplies I bought, so I don't have to shop much for spices and stuff.
Alright tomorrow really training and snooker, haha, unless it gets cancelled again. Like today and the day before, haha. And then maybe going out at night

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home